CRIMES WITHOUT PUNISHMENT

Zbrodnie bez kary


Author: Łukasz Kuźmicz
Publisher: AP-W „Sandra” in Rzeszów

Publishing Year: 2006
Pages: 349
Softcover

Price: 40 pln + shipping charges



OUN-UPA activity in liberated Poland

NAspiring in their assumptions to create the Ukrainian Statehood, Ukrainian nationalists predetermined its borders in a way to include all Ukrainian ethnic groups even if they existed as minorities. They assumed and unfortunately still assume that one day they will live in “Soborna Ukraina” (United Ukraine).

Following their assumptions they created in South Eastern Poland their own administrative structure. The lands from Włodawa, Chełm, Hrubieszów through Lubaczów, Jarosław, Przemyśl and Sanok to Nowy Sącz were called Zakerzonie – a part of Ukrainian State located to the west of Curzon line marked on the Bug River.

„Zakerzonie was divided into three Districts with military structures. In District 1 there was Tactic Section No. 1 code name ”Lemko”. District 2 had Tactic Section No. 2 code name “Bastion”. Tactic Section No. 3 code name “Daniliv” was in the District 3. All three districts stood for the 4th Military District code name “SIAN”.

A part of Ukrainian Insurgent Army's sotnias were transferred from Volhynia, Tarnopole and Lviv to the so called Zakerzonie (1944-1945). The rest constituted of local people who were in fact forced to join them. Various quotas were imposed. People threaten with severe punishments had to supply the army with food, clothes and other needed goods or equipment.

The headquarters and bunkers of the main OUN's providnik – Iaroslav Starukh “Stiah” who was a Minister of Propaganda and Educationn in Yaroslav Stetsko's government – were located in Polish Monastyrskie Woods, Lubaczów County.

Ukrainian Insurgent Army's headquarters commanded by Myroslav Onyshkevich “Orest” were also located in Bieszczady Mountains.

Pages 189-195 of ZBRODNIE BEZ KARY contain OUN's and Ukrainian Insurgent Army's structures in Poland together with the names of their activists.


Ukrainian Insurgent Army's sotnias working in South-eastern parts of Rzeszowskie Voivodeship: 1944–1947 r.